|Request for Deletion|
- Keep in mind that these policies are ultimately guidelines. If it's found that a policy restricts something that the reason the policy was created didn't intend to restrict, then the policy should be changed.
This is the policy for image uploads.
- "You are solely responsible for the content, including but not limited to photos, profiles information, messages, search results edits, and other content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, "submit") on or through the Service, or transmit to or share with other users. You may not submit content to the Service that you did not create or that you not have permission to submit. For submissions to search results pages, you may not submit content that is not compatible with the license used by the particular project of the Service. You understand and agree that the others may, but are not obligated to, edit, delete or remove (without notice) any content from the Service, for any reason or no reason. You also represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, releases, consents, and permissions to direct the Company to copy, store, publish, display, and distribute your content via the Service. The Site is not and shall not function as an archive. We have no liability to you or any other person for loss, damage, or destruction to your content. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any content you post or store on the Service or provide to us. When you post content on the Site, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the content on the Site."
General Notes Edit
- Images in the public domain (Google, YouTube, or some other image/video search site) are, contrary to popular belief, not extensively copyrighted. They are free to be used by anyone under United States law and Wikia policy. Therefore, they may be used freely by anyone on the site without having to give attribution.
- If an artist from DeviantArt requests you give attribution to his/her work, do so out of respect for them.
- When you upload a new image do not overwrite any existing images. Always upload new images under a new file name.
- Do not upload pornographic, vulgar, or gory images.
- If you are using an edited image that comes from an already copyrighted source, that is on another Wikia wiki, you do not have to attribute the wiki it came from, or the user that edited it.
- Upload images of yourself to the wiki at your own risk.
Attribution deals with giving credit to the rightful owners of image content on this wiki. Any images that come from the Angry Grandpa Show, and its affiliated channels, are credited by this wiki to the Green family, their rightful owners.
Profile Pictures Edit
Profile pictures are images chosen to represent the page in question, and are usually placed within that page's infobox.
- To change a profile image, it must be discussed on the talk page. Any changes prior to community consensus on the change will be reverted by an admin, and if it persists, can be punished.
- Profile images depicting people on their personal articles should always depict the person in question as they would usually look, preferably facing the camera, and without debris (paint, food, dirt, etc.) on their face.
- For people that have changed significantly over the years, such as Charles Green, a tabber can be used to display these differences in the infobox. A significant change would consist of large amounts of weight gain or loss, great changes in the person's hair color or length, etc.
Violations of this policy are punishable. The following method should be followed for carrying out these consequences;
- First offense: Warning
- Second offense: 3 day block
- Third offense: 1 week block
- Fourth offense: 1 month block
- Fifth offense: Permanent block
An auto-block can be given out if the following circumstances occur;
- If a user is found to have uploaded pornographic, vulgar, or offensive images to the wiki.